Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Addi is 4 months old
My baby is now 4 months old. She is getting so big so quickly. She had her 4 month check with more shots and all on friday. She was so cute with the doctor and nurses. She was talking and smiling and laughing at them. The doctor said she didn't even need to ask the developmental questions because Addi was doing all of them for her she even almost rolled over on the exam table. Addi weighed 13 lbs 4 oz (50%) and was 25 in long (75%).
Addi got a new toy and she loves it. She likes to be able to walk. I am afraid I may be chasing her around sooner than I expected.
My baby loves to watch TV. She isn't a very good napper so on the days she refuses to take a nap I let her watch a little TV so I can get something done like eat my lunch. She thinks Barney is hilarious and she likes her baby einstien videos grandma sent her. She also thinks she can fit both of her fist in her mouth at the same time.
My baby can roll over all by her self. Yesterday I left her in the room for a min while I grabbed some breakfast. While I was in the kitchen I heard her yelling out. I thought she just wanted some attention, but when I got back to the room she was on her tummy (she hates her tummy thats why she was yelling) I missed her rolling over but she did it for me again. Last night when daddy got home we tried to do it for him and get it on video but she couldn't get her arm out from under her and would just flip back over.
Addi has never liked being on her tummy but she likes it a little if you tickle her back. She is just like her mommy.
On sunday for Addilyn's 4 month birthday we celebrated by giving her baby oatmeal. She loved it! She didn't spit any of it out.
Addi is not a good nap taker. This is her asleep on my yoga mate finally at 2 in the afternoon and she only slept for 20 min. I thought that maybe since she didn't get a good nap she would sleep better last night. We fed her baby cereal, gave her a bath with nighttime bath soap, gave her a baby massage, read her a bedtime story and sang her a song. She went to bed really good and I thought that for sure she woul sleep longer than 6 hours but I was wrong, she only slept for 5 hours. She woke up at 1am, 4am, 5am, and then at 7:30am. Luckily I went to bed early last night because I could go back to sleep after she went back to bed at 1:30am and I finally fell asleep and she woke back up 15 min later. I tried to see if she could soothe herself back to sleep but after 10 min of crying I went and got her. I guess we will try again.
Addi loves when her daddy is home and he gets to read her a bed time story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I loved this post because Addi sounds so much like Thomas. (They're only a week or two apart.) Luckily, he is starting to take at least a morning nap and he is taking it around the same time each day. Hang in there, and Addi will start to regulate. She sure is such a cute girl!
Post a Comment