
My sweet little sister was taken in a traumatic car accident 2 weeks ago. Although this is very sad that she was taken at such a young age I find comfort in knowing that she was a perfect spirit. Being only 7 years old she was not to the age of accountability and thus I know that she is in heaven with our heavenly father. Alissa was a sweet fun loving girl. She loved animals. If all dogs really do go to heaven Alissa is up there loving them all including her Scottie dog Hannah (named after Hannah Montana) who we think was also killed in the crash. Although Alissa was a girly girl she could hold her own with the boys. Alissa was a little dare devil from the time she was a little baby. We had her 1st birthday party at a rec center. We went down to the pool. I was in charge of Alissa. I thought that she who just play in the ankle deep water, but I was wrong. Alissa one year old and barely able to water ran straight out into the pool father than she could touch. I had not yet changed into my swim suit and had to go after her still in my jeans. A couple years later my dad took my brother and sister to Hawaii (they have been to Hawaii several times and I have never been, not that I am bitter:)) Alissa decided that she wanted to swim in the deep end so she went and jumped in the deep end. My dad knowing that she did not know how to swim jumped in after her. After he grabbed her and brought her up out of the water she told him "daddy I don't know how to swim".

The weekend before the accident I was able to spent the weekend with my family including Alissa. She was so excited to meet Baby Addilyn (thats what she calls Addi). We kept asking her if she wanted to hold baby Addilyn and she would say she wanted to but then when I put her on her lap she would get scared and not want to hold her so she just sat on the bed next to her and talked with her.
Alissa was 4 ears old when Jared and I got married and she was our flower girl. She was so cute. During the ceremony she was standing up in the front by me and my bride maids. She kept playing with her dress wrapping it around her hand. then suddenly her hand slip right through the seam connecting the skirt to the top of the dress. she didn't know what to do. My mom was able to fix the dress in between the wedding and the reception and Alissa was so appreciative and kept thanking my mom. My mom's sewing job held up for the rest of the day, but it did not matter much because by the end of the night she was covered in chocolate from the chocolate fountain. I have many more memories of Alissa that I will forever get to keep with me and I am comforted to know that she is in a better place and I know she is up there waiting for the rest of us to join her if we live our life right. I love you Alissa and will miss your sweet smile.
3 comments:
that is sad that she was taken so young, but comforting to know where she is. i love you, jess, and i hope you and your family are doing alright.
I'm so sorry about her, sisters are so special. I'm glad you know about the gospel and where she is now to be comforted. Let me know if I can do anything to help.
This is such a cute little tribute jess! She was a cute baby.. thats the only time I remember seeing her. It is truly a great blessing to have the gospel in our lives. Love ya lots! Let me know if you need anything.
Post a Comment