Friday, June 3, 2011

What's going with the Sorensen's?

I know I haven't blogged in almost 3 months. I have never gone that long with out blogging. So whats going on? Besides being busy I just haven't felt like blogging. I don't know why I just haven't. IT is not from lack of things to blog about. There was Addi's 3rd birthday and Dora party, a trip to Washington D.C., a trip to California with my mom and then to Phoenix to find a house (did I mention that we are moving to phoenix area in less then a month?). We just got back from NYC and there was lots of living in between all those trips. I have been going through all of our stuff because we decided it wasn't worth the money to move all of our stuff so I have to sell most of what we own and decide what makes the cut and gets to come with us (that it hard I am somewhat of a hoarder). Jared and I started the Dukan Diet and so I know have to cook 3 meals a day so that we stay on our diet since we can only eat certain food. And now in case I didn't have enough to do between cleaning packing cooking and trying to keep up with my 2 kids Aidan might have asthma and I have to give him breathing treatments every 4 hours until we go back to the doctor on Monday. Sometimes it is kind of nice being busy, but sometimes I really just want to sleep. Sometimes as I go about my busy day I think I have ADD. I skip around a lot from one thing to another never really finishing what I was doing. This makes for a half messy disorganized house. For example I will be cleaning the living room and then take something into the kitchen then I will start cleaning the kitchen instead of finishing what I was doing and then I will start making dinner since I am in the kitchen. Then I will go back to what I was doing but instead decide to organize and pack the closet and start pulling things out then the baby wakes up and so I set out to clean up our disaster of a living room but ended up with a clean kitchen, dinner and and even messier living area. So if you come to my house please don't judge me by the way my house or my children look because yes my daughter is covered in permanent blue maker and my baby still has evidence of his lunch on his face and why yes that is a whole package of crackers smooshed into my carpet and Addi's clothes thrown about the whole house. The good news is that it will all be over in about 3 weeks and then when we move we will have very little stuff and can start out our next chapter of our lives super organized with a place for everything (which I never achieved here). I am super excited about the whole idea. If you have a hoarding or organizing problem then just move across the country and don't take your stuff with you it is so liberating and exciting. I was going to include some picture for you all but since my computer is not reading my card that's not going to happen. I am thinking that my computer needs to be left behind as well so I can get a new one. So maybe someday I will post about the exciting things happening around here, but it may not be for a couple of weeks when my husband has finished up everything with his residency and my MIL comes to save me and I can have a few minutes with out kids climbing on me, because usually after they go to bed I have no desire to do anything but sit on my fat (soon to be not so fat) but and mindlessly watch T.V. until I get motivation to try and pick up the pieces from our day just to leave it half done and go to bed which is exactly what I am going to do now. Yes my house is half clean if there is such a thing.

1 comment:

Katey said...

I can relate on that ADD thing. I do that kind of stuff all the time. I never start what I finish. I get so easily distracted when I simply walk into another room that I forget that first task I started. I eventually get it all done but my efficiency isn't at it's prime.

I'm glad you took some time for a little update though. I still need to get some of those NYC pictures from you so I can blog about it. But I can wait!