Lucky for you Ann your votes had no say in where we end up. We will be moving to Hartford, Ct (University of Connecticut) in June and we couldn't be happier. Sure Ohio State intrigued me with its lavish pay and Texas lured me with its warm weather, but there is so many great things about moving to the northeast. And it is true that Connecticut has been bombarded with storms and is cold, but we survived 4 years in Iowa with tornadoes, floods, ice storms, and record low temps of -29 before wind chill, so we can survive a couple more years of cold weather. Besides we wanted an adventure and to live somewhere different which is why we applied to schools out there in the first place. Jared's favorite Aunt and Uncle live just over an hour away (I can say that because as far as I know they are the only aunt and uncle that check our blog). We get to live near NYC without actually living in the city so people will be more likely to come visit us, because not many people came and visited us while we have been in Iowa. Plus the people there really loved Jared. They made a special interview date just for him since he couldn't make their normal day,and who doesn't like to be loved. And lastly I know that we are supposed to go there. Last night when we were saying our prays I felt like we were going to match to UCONN, but thought it was because secretly that's where I wanted to go, and besides I took this picture just so I would have a picture to use just incase we matched there and I don't have a picture of any of the other places.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Minority Wins!
Lucky for you Ann your votes had no say in where we end up. We will be moving to Hartford, Ct (University of Connecticut) in June and we couldn't be happier. Sure Ohio State intrigued me with its lavish pay and Texas lured me with its warm weather, but there is so many great things about moving to the northeast. And it is true that Connecticut has been bombarded with storms and is cold, but we survived 4 years in Iowa with tornadoes, floods, ice storms, and record low temps of -29 before wind chill, so we can survive a couple more years of cold weather. Besides we wanted an adventure and to live somewhere different which is why we applied to schools out there in the first place. Jared's favorite Aunt and Uncle live just over an hour away (I can say that because as far as I know they are the only aunt and uncle that check our blog). We get to live near NYC without actually living in the city so people will be more likely to come visit us, because not many people came and visited us while we have been in Iowa. Plus the people there really loved Jared. They made a special interview date just for him since he couldn't make their normal day,and who doesn't like to be loved. And lastly I know that we are supposed to go there. Last night when we were saying our prays I felt like we were going to match to UCONN, but thought it was because secretly that's where I wanted to go, and besides I took this picture just so I would have a picture to use just incase we matched there and I don't have a picture of any of the other places.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Sorry- that last comment was me under the wrong account!
Congrats on matching! That is wonderful, and I know you guys will enjoy the adventure!
I AM SO EXCITED TO HEAR YOU ARE JOINING US ON THE EAST COAST!!! I KNOW YOU'LL LOVE IT AND WE WILL ENJOY INCLUDING YOU IN OUR FAMILY AND HOLIDAY CELEBRATIONS.
Congrats!! I wish we would live somewhere other than Mt. Pleasant so I am a little bit jealous!!
congrats!! that's so exciting, the east coast is so pretty, you'll love it there.
Congratulations! How fun to know where you're going, and to be going somewhere so fun! We'll do our best to be some of those moochy friends who come to stay with you so we can play in NYC. :)
Congrats to Jared for getting in. That is super exciting for you guys. Look at all the fun adventures you are having moving around to different places. So exciting!
Congratulations, it sounds like a fun place to live!
Congrats (and tell Jared congrats, too)!! Maybe I'll get brave and come visit you guys!!
Congratulations!! Making the decision is one of the hardest parts...well then there is moving.
Way to Go!! We are so excited for you guys!
Congratulations! I think Connecticut would be a fun place to live. A friend of mine just moved out there for a couple of years and they are really enjoying the adventure! Now all the planning can begin!
Congrats to Jared and welcome to the East Coast. Looking forward to spending some time together.
Wow! Connecticut! That will be great. Have fun and good luck!
Post a Comment