Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Jared!

Saturday was Jared's 28th birthday. We had a few friends over for his favorite dinner enchiladas and then gooey chocolate cake. I made the same cake I made for our anniversary with a few modifications. I had a slight problem with the decorating of the cake. The frosting I made was thinner than canned frosting so I just pour it over the top of the cake which works great except for when there is a slight crack in your cake. I poured the frosting on and it seeped into the crack causing the crack to spread across most of the cake. I tried to fix it but that didn't work to I worked around it.
I turned the cake into a Zion nation park which is where we went on our honeymoon. I turned the crack into the narrows and used reeses to make Angel's landing and hidden canyon. I made weeping rock coming off the side of the cake and the made emerald pool of to the side. I think it turned out pretty good for a last minute improvise.
For daddy's birthday Addi worked on saying dada all week and Jared said when they were at the store it sounded like she said it. Then at daddy's party Addi pulled out a surprise. She pushed up on her hands and feet. I thought she was going face plant it.
So Happy Birthday Jared you are an awesome husband and a wonderful father. Addi and I don't know what we would do without you.

1 comment:

Tawnya said...

I think the cake looks great. Way to be creative and go with the flow.