Monday, December 14, 2009

The sixth day of Christmas

Wait what happenened to the fourth and fifth day of Christmas? Well for the fourth day addi got to open a new Christmas board book and on the fifth day of Christmas we hung candy canes on our tree, well most of them were eaten, but 3 of them made it to the tree. So now on to the sixth day of christmas where I traumatize my child. Yes I made her sit on santa's lap. Addi has never been afraid of strangers she would go to anyone who wanted to hold her. Lately as in the last week or so she has started to shy away from strangers which is a good thing, but not right before meeting Santa.

When Addi heard some jingling bells she started walking torwards them to see what it was and then Santa came around the corner and she turned and ran screaming. When daddy tried to sit her on Santa's lap she would scream, but me being a mean mom said just sit her on Santa's lap so I can get a picture. Every kid has one of those screaming Santa picture right? While I got my picture I may have traumatized her for life.

5 comments:

Katey said...

For sure those pictures are a must! Every kid has one and I'd be a mean mom to get one too :)

Ann said...

Cute family photo with Santa. FYI Addi will likely "turn on Santa" again when she is about 16 (:

Megs said...

That's funny. I was always terrified of Santa, so I decided not to traumatize Emerie. Not until she asks to sit on Santa's lap - 'cause then I can blame her! ;)

Donna said...

That is so funny! The pictures are priceless!

Michelle said...

It's so funny how big her mouth is when she is screaming. She was truly terrified, you can just tell that she didn't want to be there. Love the pictures.