Having a baby is an adjustment, having another baby is a major adjustment for everyone. As the mom you now have to adjust to having 2 children. How do I make sure I have enough time for both my children? and make both children feel loved? How do I make it down the stairs to the car with a baby, 2 yo, dog, diaper bag, and library bag full of books? (The answer is you don't, you take 2 trips). I have to adjust to less sleep because I can't always sleep when the baby sleeps. I definitely need to adjust to more patience, but I haven't decided if thats from having 2 kids or just having a 2yo. Everyone asks how Addi is adjusting and I must say she is doing quite well. She loves her bother, sometimes a little too much, but she lets us know when he has had a liitle to much of our attention, "daddy wants the baby" or "I need my mommy". She tried to un-potty train herself that first week, but we weren't having any of that and may have used a little chocolate as a brib for sitting on the potty. She doesn't like to go to bed and she always gets up and turns her light on and I have to go back in and put her back to bed. Most of the time she gets up and is reading her books, but every once in awhile she finds something else to do like this

That is diaper rash cream all over her face. One night when Jared was on call at the hospital I attempted to bath both children and get them to bed by myself. Well it took until 10 pm but I did it or so I thought. Not long after I put Addi to bed I heard her knocking on her door. I went to go put her back to bed and found that she had completely covered her face in diaper rash cream. I don't know why she thought to put it on her face, but it was funny. The next day she fell at playgroup and and started crying causing her nose to run white goopy stuff all over her face. Apparently she had got the cream all up her nose.
Even daddy has to adjust a little bit by filling in for mommy doing things for his daughter he normally wouldn't do.
7 comments:
Oh Addi, you are so silly! Who would have known that dentistry skills would transfer over into finger nail painting? Look at that nice finger rest!
Good dad! You're the bomb, Jared. Good luck, Jess. It's so hard at first. It gets better.
That is a darling photo of Jared and Addi, what a good papa!
Having babies IS an adjustment! You look like you're handling it SUPER well & I hear things only get easier as they grow up and understand more - so that's hopeful, right? :) Love the pictures, as always :)
Going from 1 to 2 children was really hard for me as well. I didn't like that adjustment at all, then from 2 to 3 was hard. However after about 3 months it gets much easier and you fall into a routine and find ways of making things easier on yourself, like:
1. Loading the car after the children are in bed for the next day's activities
2. Packing the diaper bag the day before
3. Taking everything out of Addi's room that she could paint on herself or the wall. I found this out the hard way with one of my boys that covered themselves in babyoil and covered the entire room also.
It will get easier. I promise, otherwise I wouldn't have had 6.
Love the picture of Jared painting her nails, so cute.
That picture of Jared and Addi is priceless and so funny! You're doing well with two little ones, I know it must be hard at times, but so rewarding. You're a good mom.
P.S. We've met some people out here in Iowa who know you!
Hang in there! It does get easier, but I'd have to say it takes about six months. Wish you were closer and we could help out!
Post a Comment