Monday, July 6, 2009

Still missing you


Today makes the one year anniversary of my sister Alissa's death and we are all still missing her. It almost seems harder now then it did then. I think it was all so sudden and hadn't quite sunken in. I was use to not seeing her everyday since I lived in Iowa, but now after not seeing her for a year it is more real. I still believe the same things I did then, but it is still hard knowing that you will not see someone for a long time and that we won't be able to see them grow up. Maybe it is a good thing, Alissa will forever be the sweet innocent little girl that she was when she died. I miss you Alissa and will always love and miss you.

3 comments:

Megs said...

How very sad. I'm sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and your family. It almost seems harder as time goes on instead of easier.

Alan said...

I was just thinking of her the other day... I can't believe it has been a year. Such a cutie.

Crystal

Katey said...

These are the days I'm more than grateful for the plan of salvation...I've had a lot of them recently myself!